Flower number 5 :: the grand conversation: part two

So, I actually heard one of my girls start up a conversation today --about a book!

The Grand Conversation Project is the new reading program that I started with my class and it is off to a very successful start! To find out more about it, see Flower number 4. I am very relieved, that of the two sections I teach, only one scholar from each has been disqualified for not participating. As of today, each student has four letters collected and stored in their folders.

When prompted to share, "Who has a letter that when you read it, you thought to yourself, 'That's a great letter!'" my students' hands shot up into the air, and as we shared out, we ran out of time. They love it.

Here are letters from the students with the quickest hands (They all wanted their letters to be shared). Oh, and you'll note that we are all on different levels of reading and writing.Of course, names have been removed.

H a p p y   R e a d i n g !




No comments:

Post a Comment